Living in comfort in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you experience a taste of discomfort with an air conditioner breakdown. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uneasiness? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
More often than not, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be operating properly, but it still states that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s most often caused by an old or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners break down, especially bearing in mind the weather in Grove City. Here are a couple of things that you can search for before you call Air Quality Solutions if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps transport the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you inspect your system and see that the fan isn’t functioning properly, it means that the heat relocation isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to stay in your home. This problem can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar troubles that Air Quality Solutions sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season comes around. Dirty air filters can also decrease the efficiency in your home and increase your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an obstruction or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to waste efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t covered by furniture or other home items, too.
- Outside obstructions: Proper air flow could be also hindered from exterior blockages around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is hindered, it can change it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is free from obstacles and is cleaned frequently to lower the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve gone through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, here are a list of questions and steps that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system procedure, call Air Quality Solutions at 614-871-4144.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these procedures and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Air Quality Solutions in Grove City is always here to be of service – give us a call at 614-871-4144.