One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Grove City are always changing and the frostiest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you find a specialized technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most common causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a more challenging time traveling through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these problems and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect little things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this crucial step, especially if there was a relevant spike in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can often be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is often the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is an easy and effective way of checking the effectiveness of your furnace before you make a call to your Grove City technician. If there are still issues after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to inform your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call Air Quality Solutions in Grove City.