You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Air Quality Solutions have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the new temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Air Quality Solutions technician is over for your regular furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 614-871-4144.