Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Grove City is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Air Quality Solutions always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Air Quality Solutions in Grove City at 614-871-4144 today.