Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Grove City summertime, have the experts at Air Quality Solutions perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Quality Solutions today at 614-871-4144.