During the cold Grove City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Air Quality Solutions will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Air Quality Solutions as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Air Quality Solutions can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air Quality Solutions at 614-871-4144 or schedule an appointment with us online.