When it’s frigid in Grove City you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Air Quality Solutions.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Air Quality Solutions will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.