According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have pests or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to contact Air Quality Solutions in Grove City about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Air Quality Solutions. A regular evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Checking your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts clear.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and change them when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Grove City home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Air Quality Solutions at 614-871-4144 or arrange an appointment online.