Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Grove City during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Air Quality Solutions will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Air Quality Solutions at 614-871-4144 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.